The IBC International Business Congress e.V. (former EBC European Business Congress e. V.) is an international, non-governmental and non-profit Organisation (NGO) founded in December 1997 in Bonn, Germany. As of July 2019, the IBC has 121 members from 24 countries worldwide. Statutory bodies of the IBC are the General Assembly, the Presiding Committee and the Board of Directors.
The IBC objectives are:
- Supporting the development of intergovernmental and international economic cooperation
- Promoting economic development
- Promoting a sustainable dialogue between politics and private business
These objectives will be achieved and especially implemented by
- open and trustful discussion of actual challenges and problems of common interest in the various Working Committees and subsequent formulation of practical solutions
- passing such results as recommendations on to governments and responsible authorities as well as to other NGOs
- promoting an efficient exchange of information between IBC and international organisations and fostering contacts inside the IBC and externally
- promoting co-operation between companies and international organisations
- organising and supporting conferences and seminars on actual entrepreneurial topics
The core activity of the IBC, which creates its high attractiveness for the members and which distinguishes the IBC as something unique, is to offer a platform for open discussion in the various Working Committees and Sub-Working Groups which convene approx. four times a year. To date eight Working Committees have been formed.