Board of Executive Directors
The Board of Directors for the purposes of § 26 German Civil Code consists of the President and Vice-President of the IBC and at least three and no more than seven further Executive Members of the Board of Directors (Executive Directors). The first members of the Board of Directors are appointed by the founders.
The IBC is represented in and out of court jointly by two members of the Board of Directors. The Executive Directors (the Executive Board) are elected by the Presiding Committee. For the length of the period of office, Art. 10.2 applies.
The Board of Directors is responsible for orderly management of business and accounting. In particular, it has the following duties.
- preparation of an annual budget,
- preparation of the Report for the Year and Annual Financial Statements,
- submission of the documents pursuant to 12.4.2 with the audit report of the auditor to the President and Vice-President within the first three months following the end of a financial year,
- submission of the documents pursuant to 12.4.3 at the General Meeting of Members,
- preparation of the main activities of the IBC, taking appropriate account of the resolution to the General Meeting of Members and the Presiding Committee and the directions given to the President and Vice-President,
- convention of the General Meeting of Members – the rights of the President and Vice-President pursuant to Article 9.4 remain unaffected
formation, if necessary, and supervision of the Secretariat
The Board of Directors resolves at meetings convened by the President, Vice-President or two other members of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is quorate if at least three of its members are present; if the Board of Directors consists of four members or less, it is enough for two members to be present. Resolutions are taken by the majority of valid votes cast. The Board of Directors can also take resolutions in writing if no member of the Board of Directors objects to this form of resolution. Minutes must be kept of the meetings and signed by the member of the Board of Directors designated to keep the minutes.
If requested by the President, Vice-President or two other members of the Board of Directors, resolutions must be submitted to the General Meeting of Members for decision.
Members of the IBC Board of Directors as of June 1st, 2018
Members of the Board of Directors act in principle in an honorary capacity; the Presiding Committee may, however, determine appropriate remuneration for individual members of the Board of Directors insofar as this appears justified in view of the workload and if the financial situation permits. The Members are …