The IBC International Business Congress e.V. (former the EBC, European Business Congress e. V.) is an international, non-governmental and non-profit organisation (NGO) founded in December 1997 in Bonn, Germany. As of January 2020, the IBC has 124 members from 24 countries worldwide. Statutory bodies of the IBC are the General Assembly, the Presiding Committee and the Board of Directors.
The IBC objectives are:
- supporting the development of intergovernmental and international economic cooperation
- promoting economic development
- promoting a sustainable dialogue between politics and private business
These objectives will be achieved and especially implemented by
- open and frank discussion of common interests and shared challenges in the Working Committees and subsequent development of practical solutions
- passing on these results as recommendations to governments, relevant authorities and other NGOs
- promoting an efficient exchange of information between the IBC and international organisations as well as fostering the IBC network
- promoting cooperation between companies and international organisations
- organising conferences and seminars on pressing entrepreneurial topics
The core activity of the IBC is to offer a platform for open discussion, which take place in the frames of different Working Committees and Sub-Working groups on average four times a year. This makes the organisation highly attractive and unique to its members.