The President and Vice President of the IBC head the association and, in particular, have the task of chairing the Presiding Committee and Board of Directors.
The President and Vice President are elected by the General Meeting of Members in each case for a term extending until the end of the first General Meeting to take place in the next calendar year divisible by two. The President and Vice President remain in office after the end of their term of office until election of the new President and/or Vice President. The General Meeting may resolve to curtail these terms of office and elect the President and Vice President out of office. President and Vice President may resign at any time with notice to this effect to the Board of Directors; any member of the Board of Directors is entitled to take receipt of such notice.
The President and Vice President act in an honorary capacity.
The Presiding Committee consists of the President and Vice President and other members of the Presiding Committee.
The Presiding Committee members are elected by the General Meeting of Members. In the election, account must be taken of proportionate representation with regard to membership of regions, industries and corporate size. The term of office is governed by Article 10.2 sentence 1, 3 and 4 accordingly.
The Presiding Committee has the following tasks and rights:
- appointment and recall of Executive Members of the Board of Directors (Executive Directors),
- advising the Board of Directors,
- approval of the annual budget to be submitted by the Board of Directors for the following year,
- to draw up Terms of Reference for the Board of Directors, listing the transactions and measures requiring approval from the Presiding Committee,
- to establish working committees and to elect members of the Presiding Committee as their Chairmen,
- to make proposals for the main areas of activity of the IBC,
- to promote the activities of the IBC by the establishment of contacts,
- to make proposals for the election of Presiding Committee members.